Located in Historic Downtown McKinney






Saturday, December 13, 2008

Samson's Restaurant McKinney Review

Better late then never, I finally had a chance to dine at Samson's Restaurant at Adriatica last Saturday. Below are the menu items that we chose for our meal. I had the Gnocchi and my guest had the Filetto. We called late Saturday afternoon for a reservation and was told that they were completely booked until 7:30 which I found somewhat humorous. We got a 8:15 reservation and headed over to Samson's (kind of nice to have a quality restaurant within a 2 minute drive from the home). The hostess was cordial and we were immediately taken to our table. The interior of the restaurant was beautiful and well furnished; but I was a little surprised of the small size...or intimate size of the restaurant. I didn't count, but it appeared to have no more then 20 tables (a rough estimate). Well, about 5-10 minutes passed before anyone even acknowledged our presence and I had to approach the hostess that we needed a waiter and a few minutes later we had one. Other then the delay in being greeted by the waiter everything else went well. The Gnocchi was excellent and my guest's filetto was very tender, but could have been a little more flavorful. Would I go again? Yes. Would I reccomend that you give it a try? Yes.




Gnocchi di Patate alla Bolognese $13
Handmade potato pillows with traditional Bolognese meat sauce

Filetto alla Griglia $26.95
Aberdeen farms Black Angus beef tenderloin, grilled and brushed with a rosemary-infused olive oil, served with roasted potatoes tossed with sweet onions and garlic and seasonal veggies

No comments: