Located in Historic Downtown McKinney






Sunday, July 16, 2006

Starbucks Visit

According to the employee I spoke with, the opening was on Friday. I visited Sunday morning and the place was really busy. The staff seemed nice, but they seemed overwhelmed. As busy as I anticipate this location to be, there really is not a whole lot of seating available inside the store. There is a lot of seating in the patio areas, but when it is 105 degrees out, that doesn't help. I also noticed that there were ashtrays on almost every table on the patio. I am not a smoker, and second hand smoke irritates my allergies, so I don't know why they are so eager to promote smoking on the patios. The store next to Starbucks is going to be Adriatica nails and day spa, so I was incorrect in a previous post that it would be a nail shop only. Signs were up a Zin Zen stating that they were hiring. I found a small prototype of the Dove sculpture that the artist must be using to sculpt left on the scallfolding. This gives a good idea as to what the finished product will look like.




No comments: